Agenda of the Ordinary General Assembly Meeting
1) Hearing the report of the Board of Directors on the Company’s activities, financial position during the financial year ended 31st December 2017 and the business plan for 2018.
2) Hearing and approving the report of the Sharia’a Supervisory Board on the financial statements for the financial year ended 31st December 2017 of the Group’s Islamic branch “Doha Takaful”.
3) Hearing and approving the report of the External Auditors on the Company’s balance sheet and on the accounts for the financial year ended 31st December 2017.
4) Discussing and approving the balance sheet and profit and loss account for the financial year ended 31st December 2017.
5) Approving the proposal of the Board of Directors to distribute to the shareholders a cash dividend of 7.5 % from the share par value i.e. QR. 0.75 (Seventy-Five Dirham) for each share.
6) Releasing the members of the Board of Directors from liability and approving their remunerations for the financial year ended 31st December 2017.
7) Discussing and approving the Group’s Governance Report for 2017.
8) Reviewing and approving Remuneration policy.
9) Discussing and approving the Group’s policy nomination and electing of the Board of Directors.
10) Appointing the Sharia’a Supervisory headed by Dr. Ali -Qaradaghi along with two members for three years To supervise, control and enforce the work of “ Doha Takaful” Totally owned by Doha Insurance Group.
11) Appointing an External Auditor for the Group for the financial year 2017 and fixing their fees.
12) Approving the election via acclamation of the board Membership for three years 2018-2020.
Agenda of the Extra Ordinary General Assembly Meeting
1) Approving the amendment of article No. (2) of the articles of association of the Group’s by adding the Reinsurance Activity “to be read as follows: -
The Group's objectives are to add in insurance and re-insurance business of all types traded and authorized, and to invest capital and property.
2) Approving the amendment of the Group's Articles of Association in accordance with the corporate governance code for companies and the legal entities listed in the main market issued by the Board of Directors of Qatar Financial Markets Authority (resolution No 5/2016).
3) Authorize the Chairman or his deputy individually to sign all the necessary documents to amend the said article of association.