The Board of Directors of Doha Insurance Group is honored to invite the esteemed shareholders to attend the Ordinary and Extra Ordinary General Assembly Meeting of the Shareholders, which will be held on March,25th 2019 at la Cigale Hotel.
Agenda of the Ordinary General Assembly Meeting
1)Hearing the report of the Board of Directors on the Company’s activities, financial position during the financial year ended 31st December 2018 and the business plan for 2019.
2)Hearing and approving the report of the External Auditors on the Company’s balance sheet and on the accounts for the financial year ended 31st December 2018.
3)Discussing and approving the balance sheet and profit and loss account for the financial year ended 31st December 2018.
4)Approving the proposal of the Board of Directors to distribute to the shareholders a cash dividend of 8 % from the share par value i.e. QR. 0.80 (Eighty Dirham) for each share.
5)Releasing the members of the Board of Directors from liability and approving their remunerations for the financial year ended 31st December 2018.
6)Discussing and approving the Group’s Governance Report for 2018.
7)Appointing an External Auditor for the Group for the financial year 2019 and fixing their fees.
Agenda of the Extra Ordinary General Assembly Meeting
1) Amendment to article (7) of DIG’s Articles of Association, which allows non Qatari investors to invest in DIG’s common shares, thereby applying law #9 of 2014 which amends parts of
law #13 of 2000 concerning non Qatari investors’ investment in Qatari firms, and as follows:-
“Non Qatari investors can only hold up to 49% of DIG’s shares listed on the Qatari Stock Exchange”.
2) Amendment to article (2) of DIG’s Articles of Association by adding new insurance product “Extended warranty” against Vehicle, electrical appliance and equipment breakdown “ Doha Warranties”.
3) Approving an amendment to article (5) of DIG’s Articles of Association with respect to the Group’s shares and the par value of each share, to comply with the decision of Qatar Financial Markets Authority board of directors issued on December 16,2018, specific to amending the par value of outstanding shares for listed companies to read as follows:
“The Group’s total shares shall be 500,000,000.00, with a per value of 1 Qatari Riyal per share, paid in full”.
4) Approving the amendment of article (22) clause ”3” of the articles of association concerning Board member conditions to become a board member must own a minimum of 500,000 shares.
5) Authorize the Chairman or his deputy individually to sign all the necessary documents to amend the said article of association.